- Global Military Communications
Asian Ministry of Defense (MoD) orders aeronautical telemetry system from Orbit for US$2.2 million
Orbit Communications Systems has announced that an Asian Ministry of Defense (MoD) ordered an aeronautical telemetry system from Orbit for US$2.2 million.
Delivery of the full turnkey solution – including a folding, transportable 1.8-meter S-band antenna, total data chain capabilities and testing facility – is expected within 18 months. The high-precision telemetry system will be used for test range applications.
“We won against five global competitors in an open bid,” said Ran Weinstein, Orbit’s Senior Director of Sales and BD APAC. “It is a repeat order from a longstanding customer which validates our responsiveness, agile designs and credibility in the market.”
About Orbit’s Aeronautical Telemetry Solutions Orbit’s aeronautical telemetry solutions are used in defense and civilian applications, such as flight testing, space exploration and rocketry, to enable real-time monitoring of environmental conditions in flying objects. Key advantages include:
• Large installed base including major national defense organizations
• Fast target acquisition for unsurpassed tracking accuracy and quality
• Proven tri-band solution for L/S/C bands that delivers best market performance
• Terminals built to withstands extreme weather conditions from -40°C to 55°C